HIGH SCHOOL ACTING STUDIO
High School Acting Studio: Studio is professional, process oriented training that encourages students to dig a little deeper and discover HOW to think, not WHAT to think, by focusing on knowledge of self, material, and the future; whether or not the student plans on pursuing a career in the performing arts.
Teachers: Gina Cerimele-Mechley, Cheryl Couch, E Carr and Evan Holzman
This two year intensive includes studies in Film, Playwriting, Improv, Character Development, Mask, Movement for the Actor, Shakespeare, Audition Techniques, Textual Analysis, and Business of Theatre.
Two years divided into 3 ten-week trimesters each. Minimum of 6 students, maximum of 12. (Seniors may do one year. They will be placed in the year one class or year two based on individual need.)
Ages: Sophomore - Seniors
Dates: Saturdays September 7th, 2019 - June 6th, 2020
Time: 10:30AM - 3:30PM
Fall Session - Knowledge of Self: An actor must first know themselves physically and emotionally before they can safely and believably play someone else.
Winter Session - Knowledge of Material: The more tools a person can have to achieve success, the better. Techniques covered include: Rudolf Laban, Michael Chekhov, Rasaboxes, Uta Hagen, Stella Adler, Stanislavski, Textual Analysis, Anne Bogart and Viewpoints, Acting Shakespeare, Kristin Linklater vocal techniques, improv, playwriting, Grotowski, acting for the camera, and so much more!
Spring Session - Knowledge of the Future: How can one use the tools given to audition, rehearse, create, perform, and live? The business of theatre is just as important as the creative side. We will look at survival skills in the performing arts: getting work, making work, and keeping work.
What are we looking for in our auditionees? (In order of importance)
1. Commitment, respect for the program and fellow classmates
3. Possibly considering the performing arts in their future
4. Current year in high school
AUDITION DATE: August 31st, 2019
10-11 am Mandatory Parent/Student Orientation
11 am-12 pm Mandatory Student Group Warm-up
12:15-5 pm Individual 15-minute Audition slots
2 contrasting monologues LESS than one-minute EACH, a picture and a resume.
Come dressed to MOVE!
• TUITION IS $1200, DUE IN FULL BY NOVEMBER 15 ($1050 AFTER REBATES)
• STUDENTS ARE ALLOWED 2 UNEXCUSED ABSENCES FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR, UNLESS DISCUSSED AHEAD OF TIME AND APPROVED BY THE INSTRUCTORS (If a student does not have more than two unexcused absences in a year, then $150 will be refunded to that student at the end of the Studio year)
• REMEMBER THE ONLY EXCUSED ABSENCES FROM STUDIO ARE: COLLEGE VISITS, COLLEGE AUDITIONS, AND ACT/SAT TESTING. TO AID THE STUDENT IN ORGANIZATION, STUDIO HAS NOT BEEN SCHEDULED ON CERTAIN DATES THAT CONFLICT WITH ACT/SAT TESTING DATES. IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT THE STUDENT RESPONSIBLY PLANS AHEAD AND TESTS ON A DATE THAT WE HAVE PROVIDED AS OFF.
• FINANCIAL AID (WORK STUDY/SCHOLARSHIPS) IS AVAILABLE, BASED ON NEED & APPLICATION